Enter your username and password to log in. Not registered yet? Join here
The 1,000 Books before Kindergarten program is a fun, exciting, and free way to prepare your child for learning to read.
1. Who can join: Children ages birth to five years (and not yet in Kindergarten)
2. Read with your child: Every book counts; even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. You can also count books your child hears in storytime, daycare or preschool, or with a friend or family member, as long as your child listens to the entire book.
3. Track your Reading: Register by clicking "Join here". Fill in the required information and then visit the library to pick up your welcome packet, crayons and reading log. Record the titles of the books you have read on your online account. Your child can track their reading by coloring in the circles on the reading log provided in your welcome packet.
4. 100-Book Milestones: Each time you read 100 books, visit the library to receive your sticker. Your child will also receive a new reading log.
5. Special Awards: 100 Books = Stuffed Bunny; 500 Books = Book Bag
6. 1,000 Book Milestone: Congratulations! Receive a book of your choice, sticker & certificate.
Visit the Wethersfield Library Children's Department often to check out great books to share with your child and to attend free programs that are fun and educational!
Our thanks to Rosemary Wells for allowing the use of her artwork.