Enter your age to join the program Hallow-Read.
Dodge City Public Library
Procedures for the Awarding of Prizes for Youth Participants (Ages 0-13)
Attention all Ghosts, Goblins, and Ghouls! This year we are hauntingly happy to introduce the Dodge City Public Library’s Hallow-Read, an exciting way to read, complete activities, and earn great prizes this October! Participants ages 0-13 can join. Read on to see how it works…
- From Thursday, October 1 to 5:00 pm. on Saturday, October 31, participants record their reading times online through WANDOO (no paper reading logs provided). This can be done at home, or a designated computer at the library will be available for logging in and recording time.
- Prizes will be awarded after the final day of the program, October 31.
- Prize categories will include:
o A weekly drawing for completion of certain Hallow-Read activities (5 drawings in total)
o Two grand prizes
o Top 5 reader prizes
- Each Monday, prize drawings will be held for participants who complete one or more of the following during the previous week:
o Log a minimum of 30 minutes on WANDOO.
o Correctly answer the Hallow-Riddle found online at dcpl.info and Facebook.
o Complete the weekly challenge found online at dcpl.info and Facebook.
o Complete the weekly activity page/s found online at dcpl.info and Facebook.
o Correctly answer the Where’s Wallace question found online at dcpl.info and Facebook.
- For awarding grand prizes, participants will have 1 entry submitted on their behalf for every 30 minutes of reading logged between Thursday, October 1, and 5:00 pm. on Saturday, October 31. A drawing will be held for a total of 2 grand prizes on Monday, November 2.
- Top 5 Readers will be awarded a prize, as will all participants, on Monday, November 2.
- Winners will be contacted via parent/guardian e-mail to arrange for prize pick-up.
- Prizes will be available for pick-up through Monday, November 16.